Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Meeting Prague


For this trip, I did far less research then usual, especially on Prague. My main reason for going to Prague was to visit the gal above, my niece and goddaughter Elizabeth. Elizabeth is a sophomore at the University of Dayton and is doing a semester abroad. Above she is standing on the stairs leading to my Airbnb apartment. I stayed on the third floor and these were tall floors as each flight had 24 stairs. Good exercise!


Here is the view from the apartment.


After I dropped off my luggage, it was time to get something to eat. We went to Lokal, a Czech restaurant in a beer hall. Beer is a Czech specialty. It's not one of my favorites, but the food is excellent. 

I got a chicken breast sauteed in butter and mushroom and Elizabeth got goulash and dumplings.


The dumplings are more like doughy pieces of bread that are perfect for dipping up the sauce.


The first couple of days in Prague it rained part of the time. This made the beautiful, ever present cobblestones slick.


Elizabeth has mastered the public transportation, which consists of trams and buses.


Here she is with my compromised umbrella, heroically waiting for a tram for us.


Made it!

 

Interesting statues. Who hasn't felt this way sometime?



Here is Elizabeth in front of her school, Anglo American University. She has classes three days a week and has taken advantage of that flexibility to travel all over Europe. She has been to: Poland, Morocco, Spain, Ireland, England, Austria, France, Holland, Germany, Portugal, and I think I'm forgetting a couple! Lisbon was her favorite place.


Statues at her school.


More cobblestones.



The flag of the Czech Republic, same as the flag of Czechoslovakia. More on the history of the Czech republic in a future post.


Children on a field trip.


Hanging recycling below a pedal bar.


So glad to be in this beautiful country with Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment